Congratulations on your pregnancy!
At Northside Women’s Health we provide pre-conception advice through pregnancy, birth and beyond. Our obstetricians share a common philosophy on patient care and it’s their intention to be present at the birth of your child.
Our obstetric services include:
- Counselling with regards to pre-existing high-risk medical issues.
- Counselling, appropriate investigation and formulation of a management plan with regards to previous poor or unsatisfactory pregnancy outcomes.
- Pregnancy care.
- Booking blood test investigations.
- Dating ultrasound to confirm accurate due dates and pregnancy viability.
- Counselling and organising screening for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal trisomies. (NIPT, Amniocentesis, Chorion Villous Sample)
- Screening for gestational diabetes and anaemia in pregnancy.
- Ultrasound for cervical surveillance in situations at high risk for cervical incompetence.
- Regular check ups to monitor fetal growth and to watch for pre-eclampsia.
- Management of pre-existing medical issues in conjunction with nearby medical specialists if appropriate.
Post Natal Management
- A routine Post natal checks will include a review of Blood Pressure, and sutures and discussion of the delivery where required.
- Post natal pap smear if due.
- Advice and management of any contraception issues postnatally, including insertion of Mirena, Implanon.
Labour & Childbirth
- Management of spontaneous labour and normal vaginal delivery.
- Induction of labour as required.
- Management of multiple pregnancies.
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean section.
- Instrumental deliveries (Vacuum and forcep deliveries.)
- Caesarian section, both elective and emergency.
- Care for Ectopic Pregnancy.
Why Choose Northside Women’s Health for your Pregnancy?
- Enough time at each antenatal visit for your concerns and questions to be answered.
- Ultrasound available at each visit where required
- 24/7 phone support for all pregnant ladies and their families.
- Affordable fees.
- During the pregnancy care period, if a woman has any problem, all she has to do is call our practice and we will see them straight away.
- We treat pregnant women with top priority.
- Exceptional post-natal support.
- Our practice midwife works at the hospital and in the delivery suite.
- Our Obstetricians will provide well informed guidance. Dr Price has 20+ years experience and Dr Friebe 10+ years experience in the field and their opinions reflect this depth of knowledge.
Preparing for the birth of your child
Make sure you book in to the North West Private Hospital at your earliest convenience.
At this point of contact, remember to enquire about antenatal classes, hospital costs and any additional information. An appointment will be scheduled with our practice midwife to assist you with the paperwork and booking in process.
Average hospital stay for vaginal delivery – four nights
Average hospital stay for caesarean section – five nights